The following suggestions have been created to serve as a resource or reference for you. This list is by no means exhaustive and the FPS/FCAAP can assume no responsibility for content on linked sites. If you have any questions or concerns about any information contained here, please speak with your pediatrician or your pediatric dentist.
Find a Pediatric Healthcare Provider
- Find an FCAAP/FPS Provider
- Find a Pediatric Dentist
- Find a Pediatrician
- Find a Mental Health Provider
FCAAP Parenting Corner
Promoting Bicycle Safety for Children: Strategies and Tools for Community Programs presents information and resources communities can use to develop and implement effective bicycle-safety programs for children and adolescents. The issue brief was created by the Children's Safety Network for state maternal and child health and injury- and violence-prevention programs to disseminate to local health departments and community organizations interested in reducing bicycle injuries and deaths among children and adolescents. Facts, evidence-based strategies, program-planning guides, partners, funding sources, and evaluation criteria are discussed. Information and materials for program implementation are also included. The brief is available here.
Emergency Medical Services
An information package, CHILDREN IN THE MIDDLE, is available from the The Center for Divorce Education in Athens, Ohio. It includes a fact sheet published by the US Department of Health and Human Services, where it has been named a "Model Program" by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration (SAMHSA). CHILDREN IN THE MIDDLE is an educational and ethnically diverse program designed to teach parents the skills needed to reduce: Visit our website: www.divorce-education.com to find out more about us.
The Get Outdoors Florida! coalition is the product of a wide array of partners coming together to address societal needs including public well-being, health issues, and natural resource conservation. Our mission is: "Engaging communities, families and individuals in outdoor experiences to achieve healthier lifestyles and sustain Florida's natural resources."
Health Care Transitions for Youth
- Florida Perinatal Quality Collaborative (FPQC) - Improving Florida's maternal and infant health outcomes through assuring quality perinatal care for all of Florida's woment and infants.
- Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP) - An evidence-based, community health program that serves low-income women pregnant with their first child. Each new mom is partnered with a registered nurse early in her pregnancy and receives ongoing nurse home visits. It is a life-transforming partnership, for the mom and her child.
- Smiles for Life - promotion of oral health for all age groups through the development and dissemination of high-quality educational resources.
- Bright Smiles from Birth Program
Bright Smiles from Birth is an ICAAP educational program that provides guidelines and support to Pediatricians and Family Physicians, Dentists, and families to make oral health a component of well child visits. Bright Smiles from Birth is part of a pilot program in Cook County and Collar Counties that allows primary care providers to bill Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services or Medicaid for application of fluoride varnish. Federal Qualified Health Centers from across the state may also participate in the program.
The following have been provided as suggestions. Each parent should monitor their child(ren) when they use the internet, and should determine on their own if these sites are acceptable. This list is by no means exhaustive and the FPS/FCAAP can assume no responsibility for content on linked sites. If you have concerns about any listed site, please contact us.
- AAP Books for Parents
- ASK Campaign – Asking Saves Kids Lives
- Boys & Girls Clubs
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Children's Therapy Services - Easter Seals Southwest Florida
- Consumer Products Safety Commission
- Florida Crossroads - Devoted to parenting children with special health care needs
- Florida Department of Children and Families
- Florida Healthy Kids
- Florida Institute for Family Involvement
- Florida PTA
- Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network
- Newcomers Club
- Pasco County Battle of the Belts
- Public School Reviews
- Reaching for the Stars: Foundation of Hope for Children with Cerebral Palsy
- Whole Child Florida
- Women, Infants, and Children
Acoplamientos Del Padre
Las sugerencias siguientes se han creado para servir como un recurso o referencia para usted. Esta lista es de ninguna manera exhaustiva y el FPS/FCAAP no puede asumir ninguna responsabilidad del contenido en sitios ligados. Si usted tiene algunas preguntas o preocupaciones por alguna información contenida aquí, hable por favor con su pediatra o su dentista pediátrico.