The Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics (FCAAP) today released updates to “FCAAP Recommendations Regarding Schools During the
COVID-19 Pandemic”, a white paper to assist Florida’s school superintendents as they operate schools in their districts during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following updates have been made to the paper since the update of September 11, 2020:
- The paper has been renamed FCAAP Recommendations Regarding Schools During the Covid-19
Pandemic since schools in Florida have now reopened.
- Updates on tracking infection rates using number of infections per 100,000.
- Recommendations regarding use of antibody testing, particularly related to wearing masks and
length of immunity after COVID-19 infection.
- Infectiousness in children.
- Airborne infection.
- COVID-19 lifespan on smooth surfaces.
- Updates on masks, safe and unsafe and the importance of masks overall.
- Updated Back to School Checklist.
- Update on sports and COVID-19 infections.
Click here to view the updated white paper.